What Customers Are Saying About the Nevis…
Receiving messages from happy customers just makes my day! I’ve received lots of great feedback from people who have purchased the Nevis bag, either for themselves or as gifts. So I wanted to take a moment to thank all of ONA’s customers and to share just a few messages that I’ve received from our customers around the world.
- Emilie T. in Canada: Thanks to you, I can now bring my camera everywhere I go! I love the style of the bag, the good quality of the leather is appreciated, the good finishing too, and the protection it gives to my camera…I really love this bag!
- Heidi K. in Denmark: I’ve received the bag, quickly and perfectly and just wanted to give you some feedback I love it! Absolutely love it. I’ve had it with me a few times where I usually wouldn’t bring my camera bag…It’s so easy and finally I can put away the camera and avoid looking like a photographer from a mile away. And the bag itself is just lovely, the materials and design…I’ll for sure recommend your bags to people and thank you so much for the lovely product.
- Princess G. in New York: I have found the Nevis camera bag to be an amazing choice. I have been carrying this bag to fashion events, engagement sessions in Central Park, and around town in New York City and have fallen in love with it! I’ve received so many compliments from people who didn’t know that it’s actually a camera bag! Love it!!!
- Christina M. in California: I AM IN LOVE. Ok, seriously? You have made one of the most beautiful products I have EVER seen. Truly. I am really tapped in to energy, and when something has been well-loved, and so very thought-through and congruent and completely in alignment…It becomes like a beacon for me. YOUR BAG IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!
- Berit J. in Denmark: First of all, extremely fast delivery, so nice – I don’t think that I would have survived to wait one more day And then my only word is WOW!!! This is really a totally beautiful bag and perfect for most of my gear, when I really have to have everything with me…The Nevis will be my best friend now and follow me every day. As written it is an amazingly beautiful bag.
- Ivar A. in Norway: The bag arrived today in perfect condition six days after you sent it, that’s quite good. My wife loved it, excellent quality and very practical.
What’s Up With Our Other Bag Styles?
I’ve had quite a few people ask about the status of our men’s waxed canvas camera bag and the women’s crossbody camera bag. I’m happy to report that these styles are super close to being done! While I wish they’d been ready sooner, I’ve learned that it takes quite a bit of time to secure the perfect materials, and then to develop a top-notch, high-end bag that delivers on both style and utility.
I spent the last few days in New York City meeting with our samplemaking team who is putting the finishing touches on both styles. Our team is pretty awesome. They’re very thoughtful and detailed and meticulous, and have done work with a number of premium bag designers. I love working with them and I love that ONA is tapping their expertise.
So, it looks like these two styles will be available closer to early fall than late summer as planned, but I will definitely keep you posted. I really appreciate all of the interest, and while getting them to you has taken longer than expected, I promise that they’ll be worth the wait!
Our Journey to Peru
Last week, we returned from a weeklong trip to Peru. Journeying through Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Puno, we tried our best to soak in the country’s rich history and culture over just seven days. While it was a short trip with lots packed in, it was truly amazing. And we were especially fortunate to have an experience that wasn’t too touristy; we interacted often with the local people, and got to learn about their daily lives, customs, and cultures.
Of course, I loved photographing our experience there. There was so much to capture! From the various archeological remains in the Sacred Valley, to the remarkably beautiful Lake Titicaca in Puno. My favorite part of the trip was when we visited a family in the Uros Islands, which is a group of islands that people make out of reeds. It was incredible.
I left Peru feeling energized and inspired. Much like I did when we concluded our trip to Europe and South Africa two years ago. I’m not sure what it is or how best to describe it, but there’s something about experiencing a new part of the world – a place where there is so much to behold that is different (and in many ways, similar at the same time) – that just moves me.
I wanted to share a few of my pictures from the trip with you. Some of them are below, and more are posted on ONA’s Flickr page.
Nikon Working on Compact DSLRs with Interchangeable Lenses
I’m a Nikon girl, so I was pretty excited to see that Nikon is in the process of developing new, compact DSLRs with interchangeable lenses and enhanced video features. Read more here.